Tai Chi for Health Workshop
World Tai Chi Day - Saturday 28th April 2018 - 10:30am to 1:30pm
University Academy Keighley, Green Head Road, BD20 6EBBring a packed lunch, drink and a smile.
£14.50 per participant
Dive in for an in depth exploration of the Tai Chi Principles.
|Huntun Tai Chi Principles Postcards™|
• Deeper understanding of Tai Chi principles and why they matter
• Putting principles into your practice of the Tai Chi for Arthritis & Falls Prevention form
• Carrying the principles into day to day life
|Huntun Tai Chi Principles Postcard - Sōng™|
10:30 am – Welcome, workshop outline and outcomes, begin with introductions and warm-ups movements
11:00 am – Practice Tai Chi for Health forms with emphasis on three key principles:
• Jing (mental serenity/quietude) – Breathing exercise with lake visualization
• Chen (sinking/grounded/rooted) – Commence into open/close with mountain visualization
• Song (loosen/letting go) – Single whip right through to end of 8 core movements with dandelion seed visualization
12:00 - 12:45 pm – Lunch
We'll have packs of our exclusive Tai Chi Principles Postcards available on the day. We think you'll like them.
12:45 - 1:15 pm
• Sticky hands – haptics and somatosensory feedback
• Return to TCA forms
• Warm down
• Recap and close
If you have any questions please do get in touch.
Helen and I look forward to seeing you.