|Tai Chi for Health - Glusburn Arts Centre|
We especially welcome people who live with long term health conditions, a disability, or people recovering from injury or a surgical procedure.
After the 15th March taster the classes will run as follows:
• Thursday mornings 10:30am to 11:30amAs Certified instructors with Dr Paul Lam's Tai Chi for Health Institute (TCHI) we teach carefully designed evidenced based tai chi programmes.
• Classes open and ongoing - no need to book.
• First Class Free
• Price per session: £6 – Over 65 concession £5
• Do wear comfortable clothing and flat soled footwear. Bring a smile.
As you begin learning one of our Tai Chi for Health programmes you can expect to learn and put into practise the essential tai chi principles:
• Keeping ones body in a relaxed upright position throughout the tai chi form
• Controlled transfer of your weight from stance to stance
• Continuous flowing movement from start to end
• 松 Sōng meaning to loosen, relax or let go the muscles and joints
• 静 Jìng meaning quiet, still, motionless, or mindfulness, in movement
• 篷 Péng meaning literally awning, tent, or cover but in the context of tai chi meaning to extend strength or support
Regular practice of one of our Tai Chi for Health programmes will improve balance, help build and maintain core strength, and promote a deep sense of relaxation.
If you think a friend or relative would like to read this blog or would like to try one of our classes please do share it with them.
We look forward to seeing you.
Philip and Helen